Sunday, September 19, 2010

Who knows for sure.

It was pointed out to me that out of the four of us SMs I am probably going to be the one that gets hit by a car. I think the words, unaware and oblivious were used.


This afternoon I rode my bike to the market. The clouds here are just incredible. They spend everyday just blowing my mind. So as I was riding my bike I was staring up thinking I had a pretty good grasp on traffic around me.

WRONG.

Hit by a car.

Now, before you go and get too excited. You should know, the car was probably parked. And I probably rode my bike into it.


Which is hilarious until you learn, this is not the first time this has happened since I got to Cambodia, it's more like the second. And I think that fact makes it a little bit sad. haha.


There is a metaphor for my life somewhere in there. Spending too much time in the clouds I am too often knocked off my feet by reality. A reality that isn't going to change. The only thing that can change is the way I act. But all too often I get back on and start riding in the same way, hoping for a different outcome.


It's either beautiful or a bit tragic. I think I am too much of an optimist for my own good. Oh, it'll be different this time. Right...?


Change my course or change my line of sight. Or something. What are my options?!

There is that quote: Don't look down, because everything that has come, came from above.


What if I change my major? Just a thought. But a pretty serious one.

I'm just going to give it to God and go to bed. 5:45 always seems to come a bit too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment