Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Month Eight.

As we head into month eight we're starting to realize, we're stuck in a rut!

I haven't written in a while. I'm at the point were this is life.
It's not up, it's not down. There are no more phases.
I'm sure there are more things to learn and discover, but we're too broke to experience any of it.

My days are long. Starting before dawn with running through the neighborhood with every other person in Cambodia, because it is the only time that it is cool enough outside.

Then it is school school and more school. There are SMs I read about that don't work so much and they have free time to do all theses things. I don't know what that is like.

After school there is grading and more working and students that need help and want to hang out and soccer games to watch and food to scrounge up. There isn't a lot of variation.

The same jokes get made, the same students cause trouble.

Some days it feels like the only adventure that is had is trying to cross the road.

There are both downsides and upsides to this.
I like routine, I like knowing my schedule, knowing what I need to do.
I like feeling at home, comfortable, in a world that is not naturally mine.

I get e-mails sometimes saying, you're in Cambodia! Thats so cool! Such an adventure.

Oh yeah, huh?

Missions aren't always exciting, the exciting part comes in seeing Jesus by your side every step of the way.
That is probably the best upside I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment