Friday, September 16, 2011

Down the Rabbit Hole


That scene from the original Alice in Wonderland has spent some some time running through my head lately.

I had a hard time this summer at camp. I went a little crazy. I wasn't in control. I couldn't talk about it. Instead of investing in my job, I walked about, unaware of basically everything.

While I was home for the last month I spent some time at PAA helping out and subbing. I was talking to a class full of seniors one day, and they asked me what I wanted to do after I graduate. I laughed, listed four options and told them but really I have no idea, I'm unplanned, unprepared. The teacher in the room said "That's not unprepared, that's options."

It's taken me a while, but I'm coming around. I'd still rather not be in a large group of people. I'd rather be at home in my bed. I'd rather be done with school. I'd rather be in Cambodia... But I have dreams, I have plans. I can get out of bed in the morning. I can smile and laugh. I can move forward.

I may be a little lost, and a little crazy, but I'm ready to move forward.
Lets do this, Walla Walla.

No comments:

Post a Comment