Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Moments.

I suppose every SM as the same thoughts-- How am I ever going to put this into words? How can I phrase this so people back home can understand?

There is so much, and some of it is very little. And the only way to really know is to experience.

Today I was exhausted. The exhausted I usually feel on Friday. It is only Tuesday. Not good. During 5th period I had pretty much lost the will to live and was just sitting at my desk letting my kids do the Bible assignment from the period before and when they finished I gave them a crossword.

Noreak was sick and was asleep on his desk. Which was a refreshing change from the usual loud distracting behavior we usually are privileged to receive.

Vatanak and Lily, my Korean, were arguing about crayons in English. Lily: What is wrong with you?! Vatanak: Me?! They don't need to be in a line!!

Rotana who wanted to take the crossword to do at home was across the room, every few minutes, chaaaaaaaaaaa. Chaaa-AAAAAAA.

Lingphy was coloring and singing: This is my giiirlfriend that you boooyfriend one another. [to the tune of This is my commandment]

Boreach was laying on the floor humming the song Lingphy was singing.

Joshua was turned around sitting on his desk which I had pulled to the front of the room after he was doing too much talking. And he was yelling at no one in particular- You want to fight me?! I speak English! Why you speak Khmer to me?!

Joshua! Come sit next to me!
Lingphy! Stop singing or come sit back here.

They both come sit next to me and start singing together.
Well this solved nothing. I might as well sing along.

As class came to an end, they all asked me-
Joshua: Teacher, where you go for no school?
Vietnam.
Joshua: When?
Tomorrow.
Lingphy: Who will go to the library with me tomorrow?
I will. We're leaving after school.
Rotana: Who will I learn with on Tuesday?
We'll be back in time.
My kids: Sighs of relief.

This might make friends back home smile, or maybe fast forward to more exciting parts. But it fills me with joy and makes me laugh out loud.

These people, this life. I am blessed.

While I can't sum up my life, I can live, experience, and grow. And maybe in the end I'll have some some good stories about God's leading.

I seem to keep waiting for the struggle. Aren't SMs supposed to struggle? Shouldn't I want, need and miss so much more?

I feel a little guilty with the amount of happiness I was alloted this year.
So I won't waste an ounce.

I won't have this forever. This year is passing all too quickly.
So it's time to LIVE.

1 comment:

  1. Was Linhpgy really ssinging tht with the "This is My Commandement" tune??!!Oh my!!That's aweful!!And this is almost a year ago!!Made me laugh as well!!

    ReplyDelete