Friday, November 26, 2010

Something in the Water.

The other week in church I was sitting with the dorm kids and everyone went up for childrens story. Except a few, including Joshua, one of my third graders.

Me: Joshua, why don't you go for children's story?
Joshua: [Turns to look at me with this incredulous look on his face, hits his chest with his fist, and says defiantly] I am a MAN.

The other night we were all in the apartment,

Phil: I am a MAN!
Me: You seem to say that a lot.
Phil: Because you people always seem to forget!!!


This Cambodia thing seems to be making men of all of us.

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
you are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale
pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
Somehow I'll make a man
out of you.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Mulan reference but isn't that the wrong country? ;)

    ReplyDelete