Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Half Way.


Today marks the half way point of my time in Cambodia.

Currently all the lights are off in the apartment except the Christmas lights.
Christmas is on Sabbath. But it seems like there is a mountain of work before we can reach that point.

We are giving finals tomorrow and Thursday at school.
I have to bake up a storm for a classroom Christmas party.
Then on Friday it's Christmas program and party time.
And then we have to get all the grades and lesson plans done so we can go on holiday.

On Sabbath is Christmas. We have responsibilities with church service, and the final special choir performances in the afternoon.

On Sunday we leave for Bali for a week. [God has blessed me with some wonderful WONDERFUL people at home.]

I feel like I should have my life more together. I am five months in I still feel like I hardly know what I am doing sometimes. Maybe that comes with being a new teacher. Maybe that comes with being an SM.

My days are crazy. I try to keep them quiet so was can maybe learn something. During lunch I laugh at the boys and the mildly dangerous games they choose to play. When one o'clock hits and they thunder out of my room and take what feels like my first breath of the day.

As I sit in the twinkly darkness I wonder if it ever slows down.
This life that I am living is something I have thought about, dreamed about for years!
And now it is half way over.

The days are long but the weeks go fast.
It's hard, and tiring, and frustrating.

But God is good.


I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong; by no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward- to Jesus. I'm off and running and I'm not turning back.
Philippians 3:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment