Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Small Story of a Big God.

Our church isn't very well advertised. I'm told it used to be. And unless you know where you're going in the city, it's impossible to find anything. Street signs mean less than stop signs around here.

Last Sabbath there was a new white face in the congregation.
There isn't many of us, so news people stick out. He stuck around for the potluck that followed, and we came to hear this story; he is from Germany doing some work here for a few weeks, I'm not sure what. He had been looking for an Adventist church in the city, but because of reasons already stated, his search came up empty.

Then on Friday he was sitting in a restaurant, Lim and Augusta, one of the families that live on the mission were at the same restaurant. Lim was reading a copy of Adventist World. The man, whose name escapes me at the moment, saw Lim reading it and approached him. A conversation ensued that ended with him at church with us.

It's good to know that even when the church isn't so well advertised with signs and posters, God is using us.

It makes me wonder though, is my reading material the only thing setting me apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment