Sunday, October 10, 2010

Accident Prone.

ac·ci·dent-prone
adj. Having or susceptible to having a greater than average number of accidents or mishaps

I'm surprised there wasn't a picture of me.
There have been some semi-joke predictions made about me, including:

"You're going to be the Cambodian SM that gets hit by a car this year."
"You are going to be the one that wanders off at the market and we never see again."
"You are probably going to be the one that falls down the stairs"

Well. We're almost three for three here.

On the first day of school, first period of the day, I busted my toe nail up and bled all over the floor. If you ever want to compare worst first-day-of-school-as-a-teacher stories, don't worry, mine are worse.

I have ridden my bike into not one, but two, parked cars. Sometimes riding my bike is hard!

I punched myself in the eye the other week. I touched a hot light bulb and in my attempt to get away, I might probably have punched myself. The bruise wasn't really anything, so that was good.

A Cambodian long dream has been to touch one of the cow things we have here. A few weeks back I tried and was almost killed. I didn't know you probably shouldn't mess with one that has a baby, alright?! Since that time I have been afraid to try again.


Last Sunday I fell down the stairs. They get a little slippery after it rains. I put my foot on the first one, thought, it's slippery, I should be careful. And then, BAM. Feet out from under me, slid down the last seven steps on my back. Bruised like you wouldn't believe. Several times this week I thought I was sitting on something. Nope, my butt is just swollen. So thats lovely. I had a migraine for about three days after. Thats what I get for wearing shoes.



We were in Thailand this weekend being tourists and seeing some friends. Bangkok is HUGE!

On Thursday on the back of a motorcycle taxi I got lost on the way back to the house. Lost sight of Alex and everything familiar. I had no phone and just enough money to pay the driver. I saw a sign that looked familiar so I just got off and started walking two blocks later I found it. Olga somehow made it back too.
God is good to us.

On Saturday night we went to the night market. It was Olga, Alex and I. Olga shops real slow. I move faster. So usually I just lap around and come back to check. Well, this market is HUGE. And about my fourth lap back Olga and Alex had vanished. Ok, I'll keep shopping and I'll probably find them somewhere.... An hour later... Well, shoot.

I took this picture while lost.


I eventually gave up shopping to sit and wait for them to appear and them when that didn't work I went into search mode. I met another man who had lost his friends. We laughed about being those people. haha. I started asking sellers if they had seen my friend with the big hair. "No, no! Buy something!"
I got so lucky and spotted them down an aisle. We were reunited and Alex exclaimed, "I'm never letting you out of my sight again!"

God has always done an excellent job of keeping my in one piece.
It just seems to be a little more time consuming job this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment