Monday, October 18, 2010

One of those days.


You know the feeling?

Two of my kids dropped an f-bomb in class today.
Five laps! One for each letter, and a fifth because I'm not happy!

5, 4, 3, 2.... Noreak, do you want me to say one?
Do it, cha!
One. Two laps. Run. Go.

This is too haaarrrddd. I don't wannnnaaaa.
Stop whining.
Noooooooooo. ,
20 push ups. Lets go.

Boreach, Sen Sopeak! You're late! I want one lap! Run!

Bot, you have to go to the bathroom AGAIN?!
Yes, cha!
You have been FOUR TIMES ALREADY. Only if you run a lap first.

If I hear another word in Khmer you're going to hold the dictionary over your head!
[some chattering in Khmer]
Alright! You can take turns. Three minutes each!


Today my kids tried and tested me.
I prayed for patience. For grace.

And with my back against the wall, I took 'em down, one by one.

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered a career in the military? :) They'll thank you for it someday. And it sounds like you've still got your sense of humor, so that's always a blessing. Loved the picture, by the way. How weird is it that it happens to be from one of the two episodes I've seen?

    ReplyDelete